Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world and there are endless ways to enjoy it. Some people enjoy hot or iced coffee with syrups and sauces, while others enjoy theirs chilled and fresh from a cold brew coffee pot.
If you're looking for something new to try, why not experiment with coffee syrups and sauces?
What is a Coffee Syrup?
A coffee syrup is a concentrated flavoring agent made from sugar and water. It’s often used to flavor hot and iced coffee drinks. Adding coffee syrup can give your drink a boost of flavor without changing the caffeine content.
What is a Coffee Sauce?
A coffee sauce is similar to a syrup, but it can also contain milk or cream that adds to its viscosity. This makes it thicker and richer than a syrup. Coffee sauces are typically used to top desserts or as a flavoring for coffee drinks.
How to Use Coffee Syrups and Sauces
You can use coffee syrups and sauces to flavor your coffee any way you like. For example, you could add a few drops of syrup to your morning cup of coffee or jug of cold brew for a sweeter taste. Or you could stir a spoonful of sauce into your afternoon iced coffee for a creamy treat.
Depending on whether you like your coffee hot, cold, or iced, you will need the coffee syrup to blend and mix well with the coffee to truly enjoy the additional flavor that it brings to the beverage.
Sauces, on the one hand, can be enjoyed as a separate experience alongside the coffee flavor, but when mixed together, coffee sauces can also change the original taste of brewed coffee beans.
The key here is to keep it balanced as the different flavors complement your tastebuds. And like people who enjoy adding milk, creamer, sugar, or other ingredients to their cup of coffee, using syrups and sauces to make your coffee a little more interesting requires some calculated preparation.
Always start with a little, taste your drink a couple of times, cleanse your palate with some water, and then add a few more squirts of syrup or sauce until you’re satisfied. Make sure to count how many times you add the good stuff, so you can repeat the process later.
When you overdo it, you can always add a bit more water, or transfer the failed batch into a cup and give it to a friend as a gift. Tell them you’re trying your hand at starting a café and crafting new types of coffee products. They surely can’t hate you for it, but feel free to ask for their feedback.
That being said, here are some of the best-selling coffee syrups and sauces in the market, so you can start finding the perfect coffee mix for you.
5 Popular Coffee Syrup Flavors
Curated PH lists down a variety of coffee syrup flavors, so you can find the one that tickles your fancy. Some of these exciting flavors today include:
- The Amoretti Premium Hazelnut Syrup, which brings warm, delicate, and sweet nutty flavors through a rich and full-bodied syrup for your hot or iced coffee creations at home, is perfect for those cold rainy days. A 750 ml bottle goes for $18.99 on their website.
- The Torani Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Syrup gives your coffee a nostalgic note – the sweet, salty, and buttery goodness of cookie dough swirls in the air as you take a sip of sweetened black. A 750 ml glass bottle fetches a price tag of $9.49 on their website.
- The Monin Vanilla Syrup offers you a popular and versatile flavor that blends elegantly well with your coffee or latte, whether you enjoy it hot or iced, during the summer or when you’re stuck at home because it’s raining. A 750 ml glass bottle of pure Madagascar vanilla goes for $11 on their website.
- The Da Vinci Gourmet White Chocolate Syrup captures the richness of pure cane sugar, vanilla, and cream, giving your coffee a combination of dairy, sugary sweetness mixed with hints of smooth vanilla. Order a 750 ml bottle by sending them an enquiry on their website.
- The Starbucks Naturally Flavored Caramel Syrup allows you to get your own everyday coffee fix at home with a classic caramel flavor. Enjoy a cup of smooth and savory caramel coffee by getting a bottle online through their website.
Once we have products in our collection of coffee syrups, feel free to check out what we have to offer as well!
5 Popular Coffee Sauce Flavors
In addition to our coffee syrups, we also listed down a selection of coffee sauces for you to take your pick. Here are some of the coffee sauce flavors that are readily available online:
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce transforms your coffee into a rich mocha-flavored beverage with exquisite cacao flavor, making it the perfect ingredient for a hot cup of joe or some creamy dessert. A case of 12 bottles (16 oz each) goes for $69.95 on their website.
- The Torani Puremade Cookies & Cream Sauce gives your coffee a decadent flavor with the taste of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and sweetened condensed milk. While you’re most likely not a child, you’re going to make your coffee a bit more playful with this mouthwatering sauce. A 16.5 fl. oz. bottle is priced at $6.29 on their website.
- The Da Vinci Gourmet Salted Caramel Sauce captures the popularity of caramel sweetness tinged with salty vanilla and butterscotch notes for your coffee. Whether you like it hot, cold, or iced, you’ll surely enjoy the experience of distinctively flavored coffee every once in a while. Send them a message on their website to order.
- The Barista Brothers Strawberry Coffee Sauce provides you with a chilled milky sauce to enjoy strawberry-flavored coffee in the comforts of home. If you enjoy injecting a dose of fruity flavor to your caffeinated drinks, a 2L jug goes for 750 PHP on the Barista Brothers’ Lazada store.
- The Monin Dulce De Leche Sauce blends milk, sugar, and everything sultry to the tongue with this creamy treat for your coffee, pot of cold brew, or dessert. A 12 oz bottle (without the pump) of the Dulce De Leche sauce fetches a price tag of $9.50 each.
Likewise, once we have products in our collection of coffee sauces, please do visit our website again to find ingredients that make your coffee experience something to look forward to every day.
Syrups and Sauces: How to Best Enjoy Coffee During the Rainy Season
The rainy season is upon us in the Philippines and that means it's time to enjoy all the best hot coffee and iced coffee flavors. Whether you like your coffee in a cold brew pot, sweet or savory, there's a syrup or sauce that will suit your taste.
Just remember that for cold or iced coffee, syrups will perform better and give your more flavor, as opposed to sauces which, when mixed with the drink, will gather at the bottom.
Unless combined with other ingredients like whipped cream or ice cream, sauces can still give your coffee a stronger flavor and more body, but it won’t be as evenly distributed compared to syrups, which have a more fluid consistency.
During the rainy season and you can’t go out to get your daily coffee fix, consider getting yourself a bottle of your favorite flavor and changing up your cup of black every now and then. Who knows, you might discover the signature coffee flavor for a new coffee shop!
If you're looking for something new to try, why not experiment with coffee syrups and sauces? Curated PH is here to provide you with everything you need, so you can create your own unique coffee experience.
Visit our blogs for more!